Redundancy and a great thanks to you developers/programmers!

Redundancy and a great thanks to you developers/programmers!

Bastian
Hey Guys,

First of all Congratulations with this great project! i really am a great fan of using Arduino's (build some Dataloggers myself) and appreciate the job you guys are doing with this project :).

a company that would like for me to join their project has given me the assignment to find something that is compatible, flexible and open-Source, and i would like to propose this software + Hardware because of the opensource and flexibility it offers, what do you think is a good idea? the PLCs will be used for highly accurate motor drives with less than 0.5um accuracy.

last but not least did you guys allready had something to do with redundancy? or how to tackle/implement it in OpenPLC? and how fast is the realtime? how many microsecs or nano secs is required for a cycle?

sincerely yours,

Bastiaan Pierik
bas.pierik@gmail.com

Re: Redundancy and a great thanks to you developers/programmers!

thiagoralves
Administrator
Hi Bastian,

Unfortunately I believe that the OpenPLC isn't mature enough for this kind of application. For now we are working hard to implement a good Ladder compiler, since the one that is available is based on an old open source ladder editor.

Also, the OpenPLC hardware is a bit slow for time-intensive operations. We plan to change it in the near future with a processor at least 8x faster, that is compatible with the work that has been done.

I hope that we can help you in the future, but for now, the OpenPLC is just a proof of concept.

Re: Redundancy and a great thanks to you developers/programmers!

Anibal
Hello i am from Argentina, i am not very good white english but i would like to help white the translation if it is useful i am a mecatronic student.

I whanted to ask is this proyect will have a less power but more cheape line, because for a poor country is critical

thanks for your eforth.