Industrial protocols and ROS

Netzahualcoyotl
Hi, are you working on ROS, and industrial protocols?

Re: Industrial protocols and ROS

Don Whitbeck
I have started a couple of projects on github to communicate to Allen Bradley Slc 500 and Micrologix 1400 PLCs

https://github.com/Whitsoft/PLCSockets
https://github.com/Whitsoft/GoPlcsockets

Re: Industrial protocols and ROS

thiagoralves
Administrator
Hi Don,

This seems to be really nice! I'm finishing implementing the OpenPLC Software Stack on the Raspberry Pi and on a generic Linux environment. It is working with MODBUS protocol for HMI monitoring. I'm planning to implement Profibus on the future, but it's really hard to find information about this protocol. Do you know anything about it? Do your software use profibus to communicate with the PLC?

Thanks,

Thiago Alves